Director, Manufacturing Operations
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Role in detail
As Director of Manufacturing Operations at Rockwell Automation, you will be accountable for leading the manufacturing team to achieve key performance goals in the areas of safety, quality, customer service, and financials. You will be focused on influencing the organization and driving performance to realize Integrated Supply Chain purpose. This includes multi-site leadership and supporting a mix of standard components and CTO/ETO products, with key processes including; printed circuit board assembly, light assembly, wiring, injection molding, and
some unique machine processes including motor winding and production. 1–2-year time horizon.
- Consistent Operating Rhythm: At all levels of plant operations, focus on monitoring and improving real time metrics that matter most to our shareholders and customers.
- Standardize Business and Manufacturing Processes across the plants: Execute the standards and playbooks from functions with joint accountability for the results.
- Demonstrate the benefits of the connected enterprise: Extend our smart technical capabilities across a connected supply chain with the latest standard solutions.
- Strong breadth and depth in talent in our plant teams: Everyone is provided with the support needed to stay effective in their current role as our systems and technology changes, with opportunities to expand their breadth of experience and realize their career aspirations.
The person: Experience & Expertise
The ideal candidate will have experience leading global manufacturing operations, including supply chain and multi-site manufacturing. The role requires an executive who can bring immediate value to the organization and be a leading contender for more senior roles in the future.
- Minimum 15 years of experience leading a mix of both manufacturing operations and supply chain.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in supply chain or engineering. Master’s degree/MBA a plus.
- Strong supply chain acumen with some depth in planning, scheduling, inventory management, logistics and/or strategic sourcing.
- Experience with manufacturing industrial/technical products, preferably electromechanical products.
- Demonstrated results through development & execution of global supply chain and/or operations strategies.
- Experience with implementing Smart Manufacturing and Internet of Things capabilities in manufacturing preferred.
- Expertise in problem-solving and lean techniques. Green and/or Master Black Belt certifications are preferred.
- A proven record of recognizing and developing top talent and future leaders, mentoring, and building superior teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to doing so while maintaining a culture that values and promotes inclusion, equity and diversity.
- Trained in an organization known for its excellence in world-class manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other functions to adapt and develop best practices from inside and outside the industry that creates significant competitive advantage.
- A strong demonstrated history of driving positive change by influencing, convincing, and persuading others up the organization, laterally and below.
- The ability to be appropriately situational in transitioning from strategic/visionary thinking to tactical implementation.
- A take-charge mentality with a team “roll up your sleeves” orientation. A serious commitment to the notion of accountability and ownership. Strong results orientation.
- A strong level of business acumen, which will allow this individual to assume additional management responsibilities down the road.
The Person: Culture Fit & Impact
The ideal candidate will be a strategic leader with exceptionally high standards; be considered an inspirational team player with strong negotiating and people leadership skills.
- Senior level presence and superior communication skills; able to effectively communicate and relate to Rockwell Automation’s senior management teams as well as employees on the shop floor.
- Adept at addressing and communicating with customers is desirable.
- Capable of prioritizing and managing large scale projects in a highly matrixed environment.
- Initiative demonstrated by the individual’s approach to drive change by collaborating and influencing rather than dictating and directing.
- Unquestionable ethical standards demonstrated by the individual’s approach to business and the ability to set that tone for his/her organization.
- Strong awareness, understanding, and personal ownership of diversity, equity, and inclusion in a global organization.
- Excellent leader of people; able to motivate and inspire others to achieve peak performance.
- Visible inclusive leadership both internally and externally to their Company.
- An active leader amongst their community, commitment, and involvement in sponsorship and impacting individuals across differences.
Travel is up to 30% (Domestic & International). This position requires limited travel to other Rockwell Automation locations to support assigned business unit segment.
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, employs about 22,000 individuals globally, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence and serve customers in more than 80 countries worldwide. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive, and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.