Global Backlog Strategist
Role in detail
The Global Backlog Strategist will be responsible for communication between key stakeholders within the Supply Chain team including working directly with OES Materials Planning and Manufacturing Operations to proactively manage backlog at a Product level with a goal of improving the availability of products to meet customer required dates and reduce expedite requests. - The Role is part of the Global Prioritization Organization within OES. The Global Backlog Strategist will have broad-ranging responsibilities including managing product backlog globally. This involves reviewing and prioritizing orders, responding to expedites or Delivery Improvement Requests (DIR’s) placed by Customers, Distributors, and internal stakeholders. - The individual will report directly to a Supervisor of Customer Care and is expected to act as a Subject Matter expert in this role.
- Determine and set appropriate priority for open order lines at a product level globally by utilizing planning information, input from BU, sales, and operations.
- Review and process expedite requests or DIR activities, international expedites, and escalations at a product level globally.
- Respond to escalation issues in a timely and professional manner; engage plant leadership or supervisor when appropriate.
- Partner with the BU, sales, materials planning and manufacturing operations to provide proactive support for product shortages to reduce the need for customers to enter expedite requests or Delivery Improvement Requests.
- Proactively identify product delays or impactful demand changes and take actions to improve availability. Partner with Demand Planning, Materials Planning and Manufacturing Operations to ensure appropriate forecast and lead times are utilized.
- Assist in the analysis and correction of all issues related to their area of responsibility.
- Solve customer issues using a positive, proactive customer centric mindset. Recognize and identify customer needs and respond with urgency. Work with others to determine alternative solutions as required that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Coach and train internal and external stakeholders to the GPO processes to enhance the customer experience.
- Assist in projects as assigned by management staff. Lead and provide periodic updates on assigned projects or other initiatives, as defined by Supervisor/Managers.
- Responsibility for content of Standard Operating Procedures; provide changes to Quality Assurance/Global Competency organization for updating of documents.
- Provide recommendations relevant to the improvement of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and independent problem resolution.
- Lead effectively across functions and levels. Manage the requirements of others not directly supervised to drive results.
- Exercise good judgment and operate in a highly visible, high-pressure environment. Manage and prioritize multiple tasks and be responsible to meet commitments and deadlines and follow-up accordingly.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive engagement and demonstrate presence as a member of a global team with the ability to operate in different cultural settings and working towards a common goal.
- Generate ideas and solutions to resolve issues.
- Make informed business decisions grounded in ethics. Execute sound judgment and authorize exceptions in line with delegation of authority.
- Monitor activities to ensure a consistent customer experience with every interaction.
- Conduct tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO9001, ISO14000, etc.), as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, employs about 22,000 individuals globally, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence and serve customers in more than 80 countries worldwide. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive, and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.