Logistics Specialist - Inbound Coordinator
Location: Whitestown, IN
Role in detail
At Rockwell Automation we are expanding human possibility. We stand with the problem-solvers, the builders, the makers, the innovators because we belong to that community. And we stand ready to lead the way. As the world’s largest company solely focused on industrial automation, our solutions apply to all industries and all manufacturing environments and we help our customers maximize performance, advance innovation and drive growth.
Our new state-of-the-art Distribution Center is fully automated and we are looking for people who want to grow with us. This role is responsible for the tracking and resolution of inbound material processing discrepancies. Responsible for heavy cooperation/communication with both the inbound team in Indianapolis and external suppliers (both RA and 3rd party).
- Support and work closely with the Administrative Coordinator
- Take work direction on metric-tracking, dispo resolutions and the supporting process of improvement efforts.
- Daily communication with internal and external suppliers / contacts to obtain resolutions for material dispositions in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Receiving, Purchasing, and / or SAP disposition processes to resolve material dispositions.
- Responsible for working with other Rockwell functional areas to escalate issues / identify the need for corrective action.
- Ability to flex shift as required to assist other shifts.
- Work with and drive improvements between Rockwell Automation and our onsite 3rd party.
- Working with outside supplier vendors to resolve PO issues.
We are looking for someone with:
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze, and correct problems within team and distribution center.
- Aptitude to support internal process improvement and assist in the training of new team members
- Strong communication skills to work with all distribution center teams and management and to work effectively with multiple functional areas and personnel levels.
- Adaptability to easily adjust to frequent changes in work methods, processes and duties.
- The resolve to ensure thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and to train and motivate employees in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
- High School degree or GED
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- This position may have limited travel to the U.S. and international Rockwell Automation locations or distributors.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- Experience in a warehouse and/or distribution center preferred
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work to effectively perform assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Must have solid problem-solving skills and the ability to identify multiple potential solutions.
- Experience with warehouse management systems preferred.
- SAP Experience preferred.
- Analytical Skills, Access, Excel, Microsoft Work, or comparable software experience.
- On-The-Job Training (OJT) experience is preferable.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills required.
- High energy, driven, and enthusiastic about opportunities to establish and implement new approaches.
This is a summary of the position’s responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, employs about 22,000 individuals globally, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence and serve customers in more than 80 countries worldwide. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive, and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.