Materials Program Manager
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Role in detail
As a Materials Program Manager at Rockwell Automation you will; analyze plans and implements process improvement needs, evaluate and model existing processes. Organize lead and facilitate cross-functional projects. Identify improvement options. Develop metrics that provide data for process management and indicators for future improvement opportunities. Collect data to identify root cause problems. Measure performance against process requirements, aligning improvement projects to close performance shortfalls. Identify and manage resources, including cross-functional members, to successfully execute projects. Provide consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality. Deploy plans from conception through to close. Delivers presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement, and control courses.
- Drives strategic projects. Lead large-scale analysis and provide interpretation with actionable recommendations. Gather relevant information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; seek input from others and use accurate logic and data analysis to drive change
- Leads overall materials planning strategy development, deployment, and related performance in alignment with key stakeholders.
- Collaborates with manufacturing plants, business units and other supply chain functions, deploying materials planning strategies, as well as, leading key process improvement projects across areas of inventory planning, customer service, supply network planning and master production scheduling. Key focus areas include, but are not limited to analyze, plans and implements process improvement needs.
- Evaluates and models existing processes; organizes, leads and facilitates cross-functional projects.
- Develops metrics that provide data for process management and indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Collects data to identify root cause problems; measures performance against process requirements, aligning improvement projects to close performance shortfalls.
- Identifies and manages resources, including cross-functional members, to successfully execute projects.
- Deploys plans from conception through to close; Delivers presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement and control.
- Lead the global inventory and supply planning process, and configuration to ensure optimal interdependent alignment of Capital to Customer Service Level strategies
- Working with Supply Chain partners to drive holistic continuous improvement through collaboration resulting in increased Customer loyalty, reduced inventory entitlement, and productivity.
- Tracking, analyzing and reporting the pertinent KPI's, as well as, suggest and implement plant-specific improvement activities (i.e. Must monitor actual performance against the MPS and production plan, and provide a summary of operation results for management).
- Lead or participate Materials related regional and global projects, in collaboration with global materials team, global material program team and Global Materials Process Optimization team.
- Work with regional material program lead and global supply chain planners to drive planning parameter strategy review and update.
- Bachelor's Degree required - Preferred in Business, specializing in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 6+ years of experience in supply chain, with a focus in areas such as materials management, inventory planning strategies, production & master production scheduling APICS - CPIM certification preferred.
- SAP Experience preferred.
- Global business proficiency and understanding.
- Interacts with the global team members well and is a team player.
- Strong skills in excel, SQL, powerbi, MS access and problem solving/root causes analysis tools like DMAIC. Six Sigma green/belt certification preferred.
- Teleconferences, or other meeting requirements, outside of normal work hours, as necessar
- Strong leader, comfortable in leading cross functional and multi-cultural teams.
- High energy, driven and enthusiastic about opportunities to establish and implement new approaches.
- Possess well-rounded knowledge in Supply Chain, Materials Planning, Operations, Customer Care, Logistics, Distribution Centers
- Ability to manage several projects / initiatives simultaneously, utilizing time management and work prioritization.
- Proven experience working in complex environments; and managing conflicting demands and expectations.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) to various levels of the organization.
- Proficient in dealing with language and cultural barriers.
- Capable of capturing and transforming an idea/concept into business opportunity and deliver positive results.
- Capability to process large amount of data / information and make decisions.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent. Ability to staff and develop a high-performing and motivated team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, independent problem resolution, proven leadership ability necessary to be effective across functions and levels, and the ability to manage the requirement of others not directly supervised.
- Ability to effectively make decisions with limited time and information -can determine decision making criteria based on priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines with internal and external resources.
- Strong analytical capabilities, with a basic understanding of statistical analysis techniques.
Travel is up to 30% (Domestic & International). This position requires limited travel to other Rockwell Automation locations to support assigned business unit segment.
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, employs about 22,000 individuals globally, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence and serve customers in more than 80 countries worldwide. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive, and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.