Program Manager (QA)
Location: Cleveland, OH or Milwaukee, WI
Role in detail
Rockwell Automation is looking for a Program Manager- Software Supplier Quality to join our team. The incumbent will be highly collaborative, partnering with multi-discipline teams within Rockwell & external partners to establish and drive supplier quality goals and objectives throughout the product lifecycle. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are a must to build effective working relationships with a cross-functional set of internal stakeholders as well as external partners/suppliers. You will act as subject matter expert, coaching and mentoring teams on Software Quality methodologies, tools, standards, and processes. This position requires a strong quality background with experience in software quality and some exposure to product security.
- Responsible for evaluation, qualification, and selection of software suppliers and partners. Conducts audit and assessment of software vendors and identifies continuous improvement plan where needed to ensure vendor meets our requirements.
- Review supplier's design controls for mature software development lifecycle processes including but not limited to verification, validation, risk management, software configuration management and deployment including reviews and approvals
- Partner with SW Sourcing on negotiation and execution of Quality Agreements with Software vendors and partners. Provide input & feedback to purchasing control procedures and processes as needed to stay compliant to quality system requirements and regulations.
- Participate as an extended Quality team member of new product development and sustaining teams to assure processes are in place to design, release and manage highly reliable and safe software products for third party suppliers
- Leads and facilitates failure investigations; ensuring mitigations and corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner
- Works with strategic software partners/suppliers and internal stake holders to ensure global awareness and compliance to procedures and specifications
- Ensures effective transfer of Suppliers from development to production activities
- Support post market activities related to purchased product software anomalies - Complaint Handling, RCFAs and CAPAs
- Ability to provide training to other team members to ensure consistency and compliance to processes and procedures.
- Pursues tasks with drive and a sense of urgency, and develops/implements timely actions
- Demonstrates collaborative partnerships with peers, leaders, and stakeholders.
- Able to navigate a complex matrix organization to influence partners to deliver product/process improvements
- Balances priorities and communicates well to team, stakeholders, and management.
- Maintains accountability for high-quality performance throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Presents and communicates quality readout to stakeholders & leaders as required
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering with a quality emphasis, or another related technical degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of 5 years in Software Quality Management / Quality Assurance
- Minimum of 3 years as Software Supplier Quality Assurance
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards Quality, Cybersecurity, Software development (IEC 62443, ISO9001, ISO/IEC 9126)
- Proven effective communication across all organizational levels
- Strong experience in QA tools, methodologies, and continuous improvement
- Certification in LEAN, Six SIGMA tools and methodologies (i.e., Green Belt / Black Belt).
- Experience/exposure to various agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, SAFe. Lean StartUp)
- Master of Science or MBA is a plus
Up to 20% and may include global travel
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, employs about 22,000 individuals globally, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence and serve customers in more than 80 countries worldwide. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive, and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.