Senior Manager, Product Quality
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Role in detail
The Senior Manager, Product Quality will have the responsibility for establishing the vision and direction for the Post Release Product Quality team as well as for directing the day-to-day operations of the people that support the business unit hardware and embedded software releases. The successful senior manager will drive quality improvements in products as well as business processes. Able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as implement that strategy. The successful candidate is an experienced manager who can build and grow a high performing team. This person will collaborate closely across the enterprise in order to attain positive business outcomes.
- Responsible for establishing a global Product Quality system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts financial performance.
- Design and implement the overall strategy and management for the Product Quality team.
- Measure, report and positively impact the key metrics for the performance of the Product Quality team, as well as the quality health of the various product lines (ex. Warranty $PPM & Unit PPM).
- Lead multiple Product Quality teams on the implementation of Quality strategies and set the team up for the future by bringing in progressive risk identification and mitigation concepts to our organization.
- Own the Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) processes; ensure that a standard process is being followed across the organization to be more efficient and effective, and proper reporting.
- Create a culture of accountability across the Product Quality organization to foster a team that owns all misses and escapes and drive future design and manufacturing process improvements.
- Understand business objectives and department strategies and build alignment and buy-in among the team.
- Responsible for Organization Design, Workforce Strategy, Career Development and Mentorship to deliver positive business outcomes.
- Manage team members across multiple Regions to fully support the business units and meet Customer needs.
- Identify and resolve systemic quality issues, drive corrective actions upstream into the Pre-Release product development space.
- Work with all functions across the enterprise to reduce the overall Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) by implement projects to address key contributors (ex. Warranty, Scrap, Rework, etc.)
- Own the Stop Order process including risk assessment, material disposition and issue resolution.
- BS Degree in Engineering – Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of Quality Engineering, Hardware, or Software experience.
- Minimum of 5 years managing people.
- Experience ensuring electronic hardware and/or software systems meet product certification requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in and influencing a cross functional team.
- Ability to travel approximately 5-10% domestically and internationally to customer sites and various office locations.
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- MS Degree in Engineering – Computer Science or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of common, industry-leading Quality and Problem-Solving tools and methodologies.
- Experience with industrial automation hardware and software products.
- Experience in project management, either as a combination of technical lead and project management role or as a dedicated project manager.
- Experience working with and managing global team members on multi-campus product quality.
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, employs about 22,000 individuals globally, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence and serve customers in more than 80 countries worldwide. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive, and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.